Friday, March 28, 2008

Faith


Yea! I am actually on topic today! I took this picture a couple of months ago, but I haven't gone back to look at it. My grandfather started working in this shoe store right after he came back from WWII. He had faith in where God had brought him, and he ended up owning this store after working in it for a while.
Unfortunately, the store isn't in our family any longer, and they just moved from this original site. Therefore, I had to go and take pictures of it because this is a symbol of my grandfather's faith in himself and most importantly his faith in God's plan for his life.

9 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

What a nice memory for your family. I love to hear stories like this, got anymore about WWII?

Unknown said...

Its nice to have this picture as a memory... tfs.

Becky said...

I love your take on the theme; great story. I didn't know there were any Florsheims left.

Chell said...

Oh a great memory. TFS

Anonymous said...

wow great journaling! great shot! love this blog entry!

pat said...

How cool. I haven't seen a Florsheim's in decades; my dad always got his shoes there.

Mandy said...

So lovely to catch this. We have similar places here in Maine to...so many shoe factories closed down as well.

Angela2932 said...

Cool photo and nice journaling. Just a thought, but I wonder if this would look good as a b&w? Or with some texture. . . just because it seems like it would go well with journaling about a grandfather.

Melanie Johnson said...

Wow--you've been busy! I nearly scared myself out of my skin when your HCJ came on! Great story!