Thursday, August 14, 2008

What a blessing!










Nabs and I just got home yesterday from an amazing vacation. My sweet husband planned the whole thing. He budgeted, made the reservations, and swept me away to one of our favorite cities - Galveston.



This time, we didn't go fancy. We went. That is all...we went. We walked on the beach and found fun sea glass (a new hobby of ours). We went and ate at local places that were quite unique and different. We rested, and we laughed! In fact, I don't know when we have enjoyed each other this much! We get so busy when we walk into our "normal" lives that it was awesome to get away and have each other all to ourselves.




Thank you, God, for blessing me with a husband who loves you, and shows me daily how precious You are to him! Thank you for giving us wonderful memories, and pictures to remember. You are mighty!





5 comments:

Mandy said...

I just love the picture of the sandollar. WOW...love the beach so much. I kind of wish I was there right now!

Jess said...

How awesome! I felt the same way when dh and I went away for the weekend of our anniversary. It's been YEARS since we were able to get away, just the two of us, and get back to actually ENJOYING each other instead of merely coexisting in our busy lives! It was amazing. I am so glad you got to do that too. Galveston looks AWESOME, I would love to go there again someday, I haven't been since I was a kid! :)

pat said...

Wow--beautiful shots! What a wonderful get-away for the two of you. Looks like a great place to visit.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous. What a wonderful guy you got there! did you find that sand dollar like that? That's so unusual! Love the picture you took of him. It's so simple and shows the relaxation.

Becky said...

Sounds and looks like a great time. And it's nice to see you too! :-)